Many thousands, perhaps millions of people will gather throughout the United States to watch the solar eclipse, the wonder in the heavens. The total solar eclipse will be seen primarily in the United States. Will they ask “What does this mean?” Whom will they ask? Where will they look for answers? If they look to the world they will receive conflicting and confusing answers. May they seek God for answers. May they seek for answers in the Bible, His Word. May they ask believers in Jesus and I pray that we will have biblical answers for them! God is seeking to save souls! That is His agenda and so may it be ours.
The timing of this solar eclipse is significant. It is not coincidence. At sundown on Monday August 21, 2017 the Hebrew month of Elul begins. Traditionally, this is a month of repentance ushering the celebration of the LORD’s Appointed Fall Feasts (Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Tabernacles – read Leviticus 23: 23 – 44). The Day of Atonement this year is 40 days from the solar eclipse. 40 is a number that has Biblical significance.
Where the solar eclipse will be seen is also significant. Could it be a sign for the United States since the solar eclipse will be seen primarily in our nation? Here are some thoughts:
- God is speaking to our nation! We are losing our nation to immorality, violence and anarchy. It’s time to FIGHT for our generation and those coming up.
- God is calling us as individuals and as a nation to repentance. Repentance is not just saying “I’m sorry”. The definition is a change of mind which should lead to change in behavior. We need to ask the Lord to show us in what areas of our lives we are not pleasing Him and then commit to change, asking for His empowerment. He will most certainly give it!
- God is desirous of revival within the Church and a great harvest of souls! Revival within the Church comes when we humble ourselves, seek His face, pray and live according to biblical principles. We lay down our agendas of wanting to be entertained and comforted and made to feel good! We focus on God’s agenda which is winning souls and making disciples conformed to the image of Jesus.
This is how we FIGHT for our generation, our children and our grandchildren:
- We fight in humble prayer on our knees and with fasting (when God says to).
- We fight with God’s Word. He has given us weapons with which to fight and these weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10: 4,5).
- We fight by living lives that honor and please God. We hunger and thirst for righteousness and we live that out. This is the greatest example to the world that we are different. This is how the Church makes known the wisdom of God (Ephesians 3:10).
At Women of the Word we look to God and His Word (the Bible) for answers to life’s issues and ask God what He is saying through National and International events and issues. The solar eclipse of August 21, 2017 is a “wonder in the heavens…..the sun shall be turned to darkness…..” spoken of by the Apostle Peter in Acts 2: 19 & 20. God told us that there would be signs before the day of the Lord’s return.
What do these signs mean and what is God saying? In general terms, these wonders and signs point us to God as the Creator of the Universe and the one who has set an order that is reliable and dependable. The sun is set! The earth moves around the sun. The moon moves around the earth. There is evening and there is morning every day! This points us to God and His Son Jesus Christ who is the same yesterday and today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). The order of the Universe reveals HIM.
The context of the Apostle Peter’s declaration in Acts 2 is when the Holy Spirit filled the believers that were gathered together in unity and prayer. Thousands of Jews were gathered in Jerusalem for the Feast of Pentecost and they asked “What does this mean?”. Some thought the believers were “drunk.” Peter explained what was happening in Acts 2:17-21 referencing a prophecy through the prophet Joel (Joel 2: 28-32). In short, this prophecy tells us that God will pour out His Spirit on ALL flesh regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, status, education, etc. – ALL flesh who call on the name of the LORD Jesus for salvation.
For the sake of this generation and our children and grandchildren will you fight? Will you fight as an individual and will you gather corporately? I’m saying – Here I am LORD. I will! and at Women of the Word – We will! We are starting off our upcoming conferences with a corporate concert of prayer and worship to seek the Lord and pray! There is great power when women come together to pray and worship corporately. I invite you to join us!